Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Hmmm...there is still a blog!

Hmmm...I do still have a blog.  It's kind of interesting as I was reflecting on what happened 4 1/2 years ago on July 18th (which is my husband's birthday).  4 1/2 years ago on that date, the nurse from the Oncology Clinic in our community called to tell me that the biopsy was positive for cancer.  I had Breast Cancer!!!!
In reflection I had always thought that a diagnosis such as that would be devastating.  It was.  Life has a way of carrying on though.  I still had a job that I wanted to keep. Laundry still needed to be done.  I had a garden that still needed tending to.  Life was moving along and I had to too.

As the magical 5 year anniversary is approaching, I had a thought last night.  One of my coworkers is about 8 years younger than I am.  I was thinking about going back in time about 8 years and what I would do.  I definitely would not want to go back, but if I did, would I do anything differently?  Probably not except to not have missed that one year when I didn't have a mammogram.  If I had of had that mammogram the year before I was diagnosed, would it have been seen?  I'll never know.  Ladies....do not skip a year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment