Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The clutter has been cleared from the moving boxes!

It's time for some pictures to be posted of our beautiful new home!  We are now living comfortably in

our new space.  When you search, look and plan for designs, you imagine yourself living in that

space.  I think we did a great job as we feel pretty comfortable in this new home.  I've spent the last 2

months toting things from the shop building next door that we lived in during the building process. 

I'm still moving some small things but for the most part everything is put away.  I'm sure though that

I'll be shuffling some of these things as I find how I use them in the new space.  And, we didn't have

a linen closet built any where so that is still something to be added by our cabinet man when he

finishes our banister.   But, if that's the only thing that we over looked.....then I think we did a pretty

good job!   Since this would be such a long post to describe each picture and room.....I'll take a few of

them at a time.  I'll try to describe what we've done and add in some pictures...there's still work to be

done.

So....getting right along with it......

When you come in the back door, you come into the utility room or some people call them mud

rooms.   Regardless....we need a place to come in...take off shoes.....hang up coats .....do laundry.











This is where we hang our coats and jackets.  It was originallly framed for a door, but in thinking about it....we didn't put a door on it.  Make it as easy as possible and the coats will get hung up. We did add beadboard to make it a little more visually appealing and then hung hooks that we already had.  We also gave it a coat of paint....a warm green...different color than the walls.    I like it!! Works pretty good!





After living with this for a few weeks.....I think I might have to add a couple more hooks down low for more hanging space













































1 comment:

  1. Its beautiful I love your sense of style, the mix of older style furniture makes it more homely

    well done on building your own home you must be so proud

    ReplyDelete