Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas light round-up and containment!

For the last 3 years, our farm has provided us with a Christmas tree.  Since we have an abundance of cedar trees, I can't see going out and paying money for something we can get for free.  Besides, it makes one less tree on the place!   I always look forward to going out and finding just the right one.   And they always smell so good when they are finally in the house!  Now, since it's been in the house for a week, it is getting dangerously dry.  So today, I undecorated it and while rolling up the lights, I thought I would share a way I have found to keep them all contained and ready to use next year without having to detangle them. 


There is a use for all of those paper rolls that are now empty after wrapping all of those Christmas gifts.  Cut a roll about a foot long and put a slit in both ends.  You will stick the plug into one end and wrp the lights til you get to the other plug at the other end.  Stick it in the other slit.  There you have it....your lights all contained and neat for the next time you pull them out.  One less hassel for the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment