Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recycled sweater into baby cap

I finally had time today to work on something that I've had waiting on me for the last several months.  I had purchased a gray wool sweater.  I had already felted it in preparation for these projects.

I knew for sure that I wanted to make myself a cap out of it and I would see what else I could do. 




I managed to also get some hand/arm warmers from it.  I simplyl cut off the arms of the sweater to about the length that I wanted and cut a slit in the seam side of the piece.  I don't have to worry about raveling since it has been felted.



Then there was also a smaller piece that I kept looking at and thought it would be just the right size for a newborn cap.  Then looking through my scrap bag I found just the right size of pink wool that I trimmed it out with!  Isn't it just the cutest little thing?


And as I was further looking at the piece of sweater, I envisioned a cape or poncho for a small girl.



I'll probably take a little time and embelish this a little with some yellow yarn that I have. 

The cap is already listed on my Etsy store 5PineKnoll   @ http://www.etsy.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment