Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I've spent the day preparing for a family dinner tomorrow.  I've done today what I could, so as not to be too rushed tomorrow.  I've got a small turkey and a ham also.  I've crumbled the cornbread and sage in preparation for the dressing.  I baked a pecan pie and a pie shell for a lemon meringue which I'll finish tomorrow.  I've a little picky about my cream pies.  I don't like them to sit over night...I want them freshly made the day they are to be eaten, that way the crust doesn't get soggy or the meringue weepy.  I've  dipped oreos in white chocolate.  Dipped Ritz crackers spread with peanut butter sandwiched together in chocolate.  Made bon bons.  Made fudge.  Gotten the dry ingredients ready for homemade bread and wrapped all the gifts!   Whew.....I'm just a little tired!

I'll close tonight's post with this thought.  May you have a wonderful Christmas wherever you are.  I hope you have family or friends to spend time with.  If not, there is always someone at a nursing home that would welcome a visit.  There are many people in nursing homes that don't have anyone to visit them.  Merry Christmas and may you remember that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ our saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment