Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

Dog Bed from recycled materials













Maybe my two dogs are special or maybe not. There is an inside bed and an outside bed. The big dog, Annie is an outside/inside dog. And the little one, Petie is mostly inside now while she is still young. Also, since she is still a puppy, she chews on EVERYTHING!
So, the outside bed has been shredded and stuffing all over the place. I didn't want to spend $35 on another and began to think about what I could do instead. So, last week while at a garage sale, I found a twin sized comforter for $2.00 and thought, ah ha....there's what I need for another bed. So I brought it home and folded into half twice and that worked for a little while, until Petie discovered there was stuffing in that too! Well, yesterday at another yard sale, I found a piece of fabric for .10 that someone had folded in half and stitched on three sides already. Wahoo.....I thought here is what I need for the dog bed. I'll just put the comforter in this and stitch it up. Well, then I began to think about using some velcro or a zipper in it, but then I thought that I probably wouldn't be washing it. Before putting in the comforter, I folded it in half length wise and then half again and stitched it where I could to keep it from shifting. Then stuffed it into the other piece of fabric, turned under about 1/2 inch along the edge and stitched it shut. The dogs love it and can't tell the difference in it and one that I would have paid $35 or more for!

No comments:

Post a Comment