Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Building Fence

Yesterday was a glorious day!  I don't get to go to the farm with the Mr. very often anymore since there is so much homework to be done.  But yesterday we were up there and building fence.  It's been a tough job, but I love getting the physical exercise that I crave.  It's also wonderful putting in this time getting the farm ready for cattle again.  You get such a workout using all of your body....stretching wire, walking along, putting clips on the wire, bending, stretching, pulling.....all the things a body is supposed to do.  People are too sedentary these days.  A body longs for movement and exercise.  Even when I am at school, I park the car as far away as possible and always take the stairs in the buildings.  I've getting my weight bearing exercise everytime I grab my rolling bag and heft it up or down the stairs.  I originally had reservatons about getting a rolling bag but after a couple of times to the chiropractor after trying to carry a too heavy bag around campus, I'm ok with the idea.  Besides, there are lots of young people also using them!  So, today, get up and go take a walk or ride your bike!  There is no excuse with this beautiful weather we're finally having.  It's finally cooled off and the air is a little crisper, especially in the mornings.  You don't need to join a health club, just lace up your tennis shoes.  So, get up and get out there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment