Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/11

I'm watching the History Channel and they are showing clips from 9/ll and the Trade Center. I makes me remember the numbing grief I felt as I watched it happen the first time and then over and over again as the television replayed the events. I can still remember exactly where I was at the time. I was taking classes at the Community College and had just arrived at the school to find everyone huddled around the various televisions in the buildings. Classes were canceled, so I made my way back to work which was a print and copy shop that we owned in downtown. We immediatly went to work to show our patriotism and made a banner to hang across our awning. I hope all that saw it appreciated it as much as we did after making it. It was red, white and blue and said "God Bless America". Please take time now to remember those that lost their life on that tragic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment