Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Bar-B-Que Sauce

Whenever I can, I like to make my own condiments and Bar-B-Que sauce is one that I have found to be very quick. With just two of us in the house, a whole bottle of the stuff just goes beggin. This way, I can control the quantity and it's just pretty darned tasty too! Hope you like it!

Bar-B-Que Sauce

Ingredients

1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional

In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, mustard powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on your favorite meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment