Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hummingbird food

You know with today's economy, we've got save every penny we can. But it wouldn't matter what shape the economy is in, I don't like spending unnecessary money. I was visiting with a friend outside her house and we were admiring all the hummingbirds at the flowers and feeders and she remarked that the replacement food for her feeders was so expensive. I asked her if she wasn't making her own and she told me that it was a lot of trouble. Now how much trouble can it be to stir sugar into water? She thought that you had to boil it, but I told her no, you might have to warm it a bit to get the sugar to dissolve. I hope y'all out there aren't spending money that you don't have to, simply mix 4 parts water to 1 part white granulated sugar. Or, for each cup of water stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Stir til dissolved and pour in your feeder!
There's your helpful hint for today! Tomorrow I'll tell you about some of the things I found at the community yard sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment